Advisory Committee on Apprenticeship
This Resource page will be used to share materials and resources related to the Secretary of Labor's Advisory Committee on Apprenticeship (ACA).
The Advisory Committee on Apprenticeship serves as a resource to the Department and the Office of Apprenticeship providing advice and recommendations to the Secretary of Labor in five strategic areas:
- The development and implementation of policy, legislation, and regulations affecting the National Registered Apprenticeship System;
- Strategies to expand the use of the Registered Apprenticeship model in demand occupations in industries such as, but not limited to, energy and healthcare;
- Ways to more effectively partner with the public workforce system , educational institutions, and communities to leverage Registered Apprenticeship as a valued post-secondary credential;
- The development of career pathways that can lead to good jobs for everyone and sustained employment for new and incumbent workers, youth, and under-utilized and disadvantaged populations; and
- Efforts to improve the performance, quality and oversight, and recognition and utilization of the National Registered Apprenticeship System, which will foster quality workplaces that are safe, healthy, and fair.