Expanding Apprenticeship for Ex-Offenders
Registered Apprenticeship offers a pathway to a long-lasting career. This type of sustainable career is vital for individuals who have spent time incarcerated.
Living as an ex-offender can make finding employment especially difficult, and the longer an ex-offender goes without a job, the more likely they are to recidivate. A stable and well-structured job, such as can be found through apprenticeship, offers the best path away from crime and towards becoming a self-sufficient member of society.
Apprenticeship Programs Targeting Ex-Offenders
- VICE and the Center for Employment
- Indiana Department of Corrections
- Iowa Department of Corrections
- Second Chance Jobs for Felons
- Flintridge Center (Pasadena, CA)
- Jails to Jobs
- Massachusetts Office of Labor and Workforce Development, Reentry Program
- Washington State Department of Corrections, Trades Related Apprenticeship Coaching
- Northern California Construction Training
- Prisoner Reentry Network