SAE Grantee Quarterly Performance Reporting Resources
To ensure that performance is accurately reported and grantee progress is tracked, this page provides State Apprenticeship Expansion (SAE) Grantees with Office of Apprenticeship (OA) resources that will help them submit their quarterly performance reports and troubleshoot common reporting challenges.
In January 2018, OA modified the SAE Quarterly Performance Reporting Template to combine it with the Individual Record Template in an Excel spreadsheet.
There are three tabs in the QPR & Individual Record Template. Tab 1 is for reporting QPR data. Tab 2 is for reporting Individual Apprentice Record data. Tab 3 is for reporting Individual Program Sponsor data.
The Data Element Definitions and Reporting Instructions define data elements contained within the QPR section (Tab 1) of the QPR & Individual Record Template. These instructions and the newly modified QPR/Individual Record reporting template are available for download under "Related Content", along with a reporting FAQ.
Below is a summary of changes that have been made to the QPR & Individual Record Template and /or reporting instructions.
- There is one new data element in the modified QPR: I.A.4.c. “Did Not Self-Identify” is new under “Veterans Status.”
- For grantees already reporting individual record level data in RAPIDS, separate individual records are not required to be submitted. Grantees currently not reporting individual record level data in RAPIDS will continue to submit individual records to DOL.
- For grantees not in RAPIDS:
- The QPR & Individual Record Template provides a recommended format for submitting the required individual records data for apprentices and individual record for program sponsors as a component of quarterly performance reports.
- Grantees not in RAPIDS must maintain both Individual Apprentice Records and Individual Program Sponsor Records. Please see the SAE Frequently Asked Questions for a description of what entails program sponsors.
- The directions for reporting Individual Apprentice Record data are imbedded in Tab 2 of the template. The directions for reporting Individual Program Sponsor data are imbedded in Tab 3 of the template.
Changes to Individual Record Template:
There are three changes to the Individual Record Template to protect Personal Identifiable Information (PII). These changes will be in place until OA is able to provide a secure environment for individual record submissions. The changes are:
- Grantees are not required to submit apprentice’s first names.
- Grantees are not required to submit apprentice’s last names.
- Grantees now submit an apprentice’s AGE rather than his or her date of birth.
Quarterly reporting deadlines can be found in the Data Element Definitions and Reporting Instructions document.