From truck, train, and bus drivers and mechanics, to electrical technicians and vehicle inspectors, apprenticeship programs are training thousands of workers in America’s transportation, distribution, and logistics (TDL) industry. Apprenticeship training helps companies innovate and stay competitive in the global economy, and ensures TDL workers have the knowledge and skills needed for today and tomorrow.
This page offers tools, program examples, and other resources that can be used to help expand apprenticeship in the transportation, distribution, & logistics sector.
General Information and Outreach Resources
- Trucking Apprenticeship Veterans Flyer (FASTPORT)
- FASTPORT Inc.
- Guard and Reserve Transportation Apprentices Flyer
Developing Transportation Apprenticeships
- Work Process Schedules and Competency-Based Frameworks for Transit Bus Technician, Transit Coach Operator, and Heavy and Tractor Trailer Truck Driver
- Sample Work Process Standards
Outreach Materials for Businesses
- Transportation - Solutions for Industry (U.S. Department of Labor)
- Apprenticeship/Veterans Flyer for Employer Outreach (FASTPORT)
- Transportation Industry Apprenticeships Video (FASTPORT)
- The Apprentice School at Newport News Shipbuilding
- Advanced Manufacturing & Transportation Apprenticeships of California
- Seafarers International Union - TheSeafarers Harry Lundeberg School of Seamanship
- Transport America Military Apprenticeship Program for Veterans
- Werner Professional Truck Driver Apprenticeship Program
- USA Truck Military Apprenticeship Program
- J. B. Hunt Military Apprenticeship Program
- Port of Seattle
- Alaska Air Carriers Association Pilot and Mechanic Apprenticeships
Additional Resources for TDL Workforce Development