Apprenticeship in Energy
The energy sector is dynamic, employing millions of Americans in traditional, renewable, and low carbon emission generation technologies. As the country continues to grow and modernize its energy infrastructure, companies in the energy sector are facing looming shortages of skilled workers. To bridge this gap, energy employers will continue to depend on apprenticeship programs to recruit, train, and retain a productive and dedicated workforce.
This page offers tools, successful program examples, and other resources that can be used to help expand apprenticeship in the energy sector.
General Information and Outreach Resources
Examples of Apprenticeship Programs in Energy
- Electrical Training ALLIANCE
- Oregon Limited Renewable Energy Technician
- Lane Community College – Limited Energy Technician
- Seattle City Light
- Northwest Lineman College
- United Association - Veterans in Piping
- Wayne J. Griffin Electric, Inc. Apprenticeship Program
- Solar PV Installation Professional (North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners)
Additional Resources for Energy Workforce Development