As apprenticeship continues to grow and diversify across the country, more individuals and organizations are getting involved in apprenticeship work. Those getting started may not know where to begin, so this page provides a compilation of "Apprenticeship 101" resources and tools pulled from various pages within the Apprenticeship and ASE Communities of Practice.
New state apprenticeship grants staff may wish to review the Grantee Staff Onboarding Resources page additionally to find similar introductory resources along with information on grant management requirements and tools.
- Watch the webcasts and webinars of the new Registered Apprenticeship 101 Bootcamp for an excellent overview of the structure of and resources in the system, including:
- Deeper dive webinars explore business engagement strategies, connections between Registered Apprenticeship and the workforce system, and registering Apprenticeship Programs in Office of Apprenticeship states.
- Read the Quick-Start Toolkit to learn the 5 key steps to building apprenticeship programs.
- Visit the USDOL Apprenticeship Homepage to read about national initiatives and resources to expand apprenticeship.
- Learn about how apprenticeship programs provide a Return-on-Investment (ROI).
- Read the Program Registration Process Guide (accessible under "Related Content") to understand how apprenticeship program standards are developed and registered.
- Visit the Apprenticeship Industry Pages to learn about how apprenticeship works in key industry sectors. Also, visit industry-specific resource pages on WorkforceGPS.
- Read more on apprenticeship expansion for people in various under-represented populations.
- Visit the Apprenticeship Community to keep up-to-date on what's new.
- Apprenticeship.gov is the one-stop source to connect career seekers, employers, and education partners with apprenticeship resources. Learn more about apprenticeships across industries, how to establish a program, and access open apprenticeship jobs.