The State Apprenticeship Expansion Promising Practices are a series of five briefs that capture state-driven efforts to grow Registered Apprenticeship.
Since Fall 2016, states have been using State Apprenticeship Expansion (SAE) grants from the U.S. Department of Labor to build capacity for Registered Apprenticeship, expand apprenticeships into new industry sectors, and increase apprenticeship participation by diverse populations. The five briefs, each focused on one of the five key elements of apprenticeship expansion, highlight the different ways that states are growing and diversifying Registered Apprenticeship Programs.
Read each brief to learn about promising practices for expanding apprenticeship from states across the country and access resources for additional information.
- Brief 1 - State Leadership and Policy
- Brief 2 - Outreach and Business Engagement
- Brief 3 - Capacity to Launch and Manage Programs
- Brief 4 - Apprenticeship Pipelines and Diversity
- Brief 5 - Career Pathways and Education Alignment