Engaging Youth in Apprenticeship
1:00 PM ~ 2:00 PM ET
Please join us for the second in a series of peer learning events for State Apprenticeship Expansion Grantees and Registered Apprenticeship partners stakeholders.
Interested in learning about strategies for launching and expanding programs that use Registered Apprenticeship as a career pathway for youth?
This webinar will provide ideas and share example program models for youth apprenticeship, both for high school students and for engaging disconnected, out-of-school youth.
Join us to learn about:
- The U.S. Department of Labor’s new framework for Registered Apprenticeships for high school students;
- Wisconsin’s industry-driven statewide youth apprenticeship program which engages high school students in Registered Apprenticeships in 10 industry areas such as finance, information technology (IT) and manufacturing; and
- A local apprenticeship program in Philadelphia that provides career opportunities in healthcare for disconnected youth.
Amy Young, Senior Program Manager, Maher & Maher
Amy Firestone, Program Analyst, Office of Apprenticeship, U.S. Department of Labor, Employment and Training Administration
Jamie Bernthal, Youth Apprenticeship Coordinator, Wisconsin Department of Workforce Development
Cheryl Feldman, Executive Director, 1199c Training and Upgrading Fund
You Might Also Like
- Leveraging Strategic Partnerships to Build Capacity Statewid...
- Apprenticeship Evolution Campaign Aims to Modernize Percepti...
- Registered Apprenticeship State Expansion Grantee Technical ...
- 21st Century Apprenticeship – An Avenue for Sustaining Your ...
- Apprenticeship: The Talent Development Solution for Sector S...