Here you can access self-paced training modules designed to give you the knowledge you need to better serve your customers and improve program performance.
Click on a topic to see a list of online training options.
List of Online Tutorials
Learn how to convene industry partners to customize a competency model using a simple 3-phase guide. Competency models are an essential tool for designing apprenticeships, curriculum, competency-based education, and career pathways, but it all starts with a successful convening of industry partners. The Customizing Competency Models Through Convening Guide provides resources, real-world examples, and tools to help conveners facilitate effective competency model-focused sector partnerships.
Learn from more than two dozen training modules on financial topics covering critical elements of the grant management life cycle.
- Cost Allocation and Cost Allocation Plans (CAPs)
- Federal Funding Accountability and Transparency Act
- Indirect Costs and Indirect Cost Plans
- Personnel Compensation, Labor Distribution, and Payroll Reports
- Policies and Procedures for Federal Award Recipients
- Procurement and Performance-Based Contracts
Gain a basic understanding of labor market information through training designed for all workforce system employees.
Learn from training modules useful to MSFW Monitor Advocates and all who serve Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers.
Study Workforce is a learning platform to support local elected officials, workforce board members, agency staff, and workforce development professionals seeking to build their knowledge and skills in the workforce development arena. The training programs provided on this platform are intended to help improve the quality of workforce services provided throughout the country.
An Introduction to Key Provisions in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act, Titles I and III The enactment of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) provides a tremendous opportunity for reforms to ensure America's One-Stop system is job-driven - responding to the needs of employers and preparing workers for jobs that are available now and in the future. To learn about Titles I and III of WIOA, click on the links below to view brief, narrated presentations by Employment and Training Administration staff highlighting key provisions in the new law.
- Credential Attainment
- Employment Rate in the 2nd and 4th Quarters after Exit
- Job Corps (4:06)
- Measurable Skill Gains
- Median Earnings
- National Dislocated Worker Grants (Formerly National Emergency Grants) (3:17)
- One-Stop Center Service Design (4:19)
- Performance Accountability (5:09)
- Registered Apprenticeship (1:37)
- Robust and Effective Services to Businesses (1:32)
- Robust and Effective Services to Job Seekers and Workers (2:10)
- State and Local Governance (10:32)
- Target Populations and National Programs (4:12)
- Wagner-Peyser Employment Service and Unemployment Insurance (9:04)
- WIOA 101 PowerPoint Presentations Zipped File
- WIOA 101 Transcripts Zipped File
- WIOA 101: Introduction to the New Law (8:50)
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act: An Introduction to Key Provisions (6:08)
- Youth Program (3:43)
Views: 548Likes: 0
Views: 746Likes: 1
Views: 1868Likes: 5